About the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite
The value provided by Visa makes the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite card a great option for many reasons.
Cash back benefits, travel perks and 24/7 concierge service are just a few of the valuable benefits offered.
Cash Back Rewards
The Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite credit card allows cardholders to earn cash back on everyday purchases. Depending on the type of purchase, cardholders can earn 1% - 4% cash back.
- Groceries and recurring bill payments - with the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite card, cardholders earn 4% cash back on groceries and recurring bills. A maximum of $1,000 in cash back rewards can be earned each year (i.e. $25,000 in purchases).
Eligible recurring bill merchants include:
- Hello Fresh
- Chef’s Plate, etc.
Current Promotion: Now until February 28, 2021, cardholders can earn 10% cash back on purchases made during their first 3 months. A maximum of $200 in cash back rewards can be earned (i.e. $2,000 in purchases). This promotion also waives the annual fee and supplementary card fees for the first year.
- Gas and transit - 2% cash back is earned on gas and daily transit purchases. The maximum cash back rewards per year in this category are $500 (i.e. $25,000 in purchases).
- All other eligible purchases - on all other purchases, cardholders earn 1% cash back.
For frequent travellers, the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite credit card offers many valuable perks including:
- Travel Emergency Medical Insurance - up to $1,000,000 in emergency medical coverage is offered. The cardholder’s spouse and dependent children also automatically qualify for up to $1,000,000 in coverage each. This covers unexpected illness or accidental injury that occurs while travelling outside of your province or territory, but within Canada, for up to 15 days.
- Travel Accident Insurance - the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite insures cardholders and each of their family members against accidental death or dismemberment. A maximum of $500,000 per person may be claimed (total maximum of $1,000,000 per occurrence).
- Trip Interruption Insurance - up to $2,000 per person in coverage is provided for cardholders and each family member or travelling companion (maximum $10,000 per trip). This insurance offers reimbursement for non-refundable expenses if you are forced to interrupt your trip due to eligible causes. Additional charges for ticket changes are also covered.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance - if you are forced to cancel your trip due to eligible medical or non-medical reasons, this coverage will provide reimbursement for non-refundable trip costs (maximum per person - $1,500, maximum per trip - $10,000).
- Flight Delay Insurance - cardholders may receive up to $500 per insured person for eligible living expenses incurred due to a delayed flight or missed connection. The interruption must last four hours or more.
- Lost Baggage Insurance - the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite card offers coverage for lost and delayed luggage. A maximum of $500 may be claimed.
- Rental Car Insurance - cardholders automatically receive Collision/Loss Damage Insurance when renting a vehicle. The maximum rental period is 48 days.
- Car Rental Savings - when you pay for a rental car with your Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite card, you’ll receive 25% off at participating Avis and Budget locations in Canada.
- Hotel Upgrades - when a cardholder uses their card to make a hotel reservation, they receive the best available rate guaranteed. Free WIFI and automatic room upgrades (when available) are also provided.
Purchase Security and Extended Warranty
The Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite card automatically insures purchases against theft, loss and damage for up to 90 days.
When an item is purchased with this credit card, the manufacturer’s warranty is also extended by up to one year.
- Mobile Device Insurance - new cell phones, smartphones and tablets are insured against accidental damage, theft, loss, or mechanical failure for up to $1,000.
Additional Cardholder Services
- Complimentary Concierge Services - a third-party provides cardholders with 24/7 concierge services. The concierge can assist with entertainment ticket purchases, dinner reservations, trip planning and more.
- Zero Liability - as with any Visa, cardholders are fully covered against unauthorized card use.